Since 1988, Caravan Rugs has been providing oriental rug cleaning in Raleigh, Cary, and the rest of the Triangle Area. When you choose us, we treat each rug individually, choosing the best cleaning and washing method for your particular rug’s weave, fibers, and dyes.
The fiber content and construction of your rug are major factors we weigh to determine what cleaning method you choose— one size does not fit all when it comes to oriental rug cleaning!
A Better Clean with Our 7-Step Process
When you choose Caravan for oriental rug cleaning, rug washing, and more, you can rest assured we’ll do the best job possible! We use a thorough seven-step process designed for maximum removal of dirt and grime from your rug. Our process is simple:
- Pre-Inspection– While inspecting we look for fading, discoloration, stains, wear, pre-existing damage, color instability, and odors. We determine the cleaning ability of each rug, possible urine treatment from pets, and any repairs needed.
- Dusting– Dust and particulate matter lying deep within the rug are removed using compressed air and specially designed tools. Foot traffic and dry soil can act like sandpaper on the fiber, and this step is often referred to as “air washing” or “dusting” of the rug. Vacuuming, shaking, or beating are not as effective.
- Pre-Cleaning– Traffic and heavily soiled areas are pre-treated. (Discoloration due to wear, fading, or chemical reactions are not reversible.)
- Agitate– This step gently and effectively removes all foreign matter from the rug. Using a continuous flow of cold water, combined with a mild, 7.5 ph-neutral shampoo massaged deep into the pile of the rug’s fibers enables us to remove all foreign matter by flushing them out of the rug and keeps them from settling back into the rug again. While the rugs are submerged, we expel all contaminants. Rugs with particularly stubborn contaminants, such as pet urine, are submerged for an extended period of time to guarantee their complete removal. We make sure all contaminants are removed from the rugs before they proceed to the rinse stage.
- Rinse– To further remove soil and cleaning residue, we rinse multiple times. A vigorous rinsing with cold water flushes of the all cleaning shampoo from the rug. The rug is then flushed rinsed a second time. The third and final rinse we add lanolin to the rinse process for wool rugs to help restore the natural oil content the rug had before the washing process began. Once we have removed as much of the water as possible by an intense and powerful extraction process, we are ready to move the rug to our climate-controlled drying room.
- Excess Water Removal– We use a centrifuge machine to remove all remaining water.
- Climate-Controlled Drying– A fast and efficient drying method is crucial, as wet rugs can mold and mildew if saturated for long periods of time. Climate controlled drying takes place in a gas-heated drying room using a combination of forced air circulation, dehumidifying processes, and heat. Most rugs will dry within 12 to 24 hours.
Before your rug makes it’s way back to you, we perform a final inspection. We don’t hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the cleanest rug possible. If your rug needs repair, we also offer repair services, re-fringing, and padding replacement at an additional charge.
For more information on our process and how it can help your rug look new again, call us today at (919) 782-2673.
Expert Cleaning and Repair
Why should you choose Caravan Rugs for your oriental rug cleaning? We offer expert cleaning and repair of your hand-knotted rugs, handmade rugs, upholstery, and more. When you choose Caravan Rugs, you’re choosing a company that offers:
- Free estimates
- Pickup and delivery in the Triangle Area
- Machinery used by the expert craftsman in Turkey— they created the rugs, so we use what they recommend!
- Individualized attention throughout our specialized rug cleaning process for unsurpassed results.
- Gentle and effective methods, unlike the machines other rug cleaners use.
Serving the Entire Triangle Area
We offer our oriental rug cleaning services in the following locations:
Don’t see your neighborhood listed? Not a problem! Contact our team today to see if we service your home!